THE ARC OF ADAMS COUNTY
Since 1962 it has been the mission of The Arc of Adams County to protect, preserve, and promote the human and civil rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and actively support their full inclusion and participation in the community throughout their lifetimes.
Our 2023 5k Run/Walk has been postponed until 2024.
Our walk-in hours are limited. We recommend that you schedule an appointment with your advocate or call (303) 428-0310. Thank you!
We recommend that all visitors to the office be vaccinated. Masking is optional. Please call or email our office to schedule an appointment. We continue to offer appointments in person or virtually to meet the needs of our members and guests.
who we serve
The Arc is an advocacy organization serving individuals and families in Adams County.
We assist people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD). IDD is a medical and neurological diagnosis. The Colorado definition of IDD meets all the following criteria:
- Diagnosis has occurred before the age of 22
- IQ of 70 or less (as measured by specific testing/evaluations) and/or
- Adaptive (daily living) skills that are like having an IQ score of 70 or less (as measured by specific testing/evaluations)
Check out our recent newsletters!
SFO meets the third Friday of every month. It is a self-advocate group. They are hoping to gain new members. It is free to participate!
Become a member!
A membership with The Arc of Adams County provides:
- a 15% discount at all arc Thrift stores.
- $50 Voucher to all arc Thrift stores annually
- a guaranteed invitation to our Annual Summer Picnic & Annual Meeting
- legislative updates on information that impacts the lives of persons with IDD.
- voting rights about issues facing The Arc of Adams County
- monthly and weekly updates on disability news
- concurrent membership with The Arc of the United State