THE ARC OF ADAMS COUNTY
The Arc of Adams County celebrates 60 years of advocacy this year!
"I am driven by the truth that all people are of equal value and are entitled to the same rights and opportunities, " - J.D.
We are currently not accepting walk-ins at our office. You must schedule an appointment with your advocate or call (303) 428-0310. Thank you!
The Arc of Adams County is following the recommendations of CDC to align with vaccinations. It includes the initial vaccinations with the follow-up for the booster vaccination. Employees, members, and guests to the office are required to be vaccinated in alignment with our policy upon entry to our office. Masks are also required in all areas of the building. Please call or email our office to schedule an appointment. We continue to offer appointments in person or virtually to meet the needs of our members and guests.
who we serve
The Arc is an advocacy organization serving individuals and families in Adams County.
We assist people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD). IDD is a medical and neurological diagnosis. The Colorado definition of IDD meets all the following criteria:
- Diagnosis has occurred before the age of 22
- IQ of 70 or less (as measured by specific testing/evaluations) and/or
- Adaptive (daily living) skills that are like having an IQ score of 70 or less (as measured by specific testing/evaluations)
what you need to know
SAVE THE DATE! Our 2022 Annual Picnic is scheduled for July 14, 2022 from 5-7pm.
SAVE THE DATE! Our 2022 Annual Meeting is scheduled for October 1, 2022 from 4-6pm.
Check out our recent newsletters!
Join The Arc of Adams County and ECPAC for Coffee & Conversation on the first Thursday of every month from 9:30-11:00 a.m.
SFO meets the third Friday of every month. It is a self-advocate group. They are hoping to gain new members. It is free to participate!
Become a member!
A membership with The Arc of Adams County provides:
- a 15% discount at all arc Thrift stores.
- $50 Voucher to all arc Thrift stores annually
- a guaranteed invitation to our Annual Summer Picnic & Annual Meeting
- legislative updates on information that impacts the lives of persons with IDD.
- voting rights about issues facing The Arc of Adams County
- monthly and weekly updates on disability news
- concurrent membership with The Arc of the United State