COVID-19 Vaccine Basics
Should I Get the Vaccine?
- Vaccines are shots that help protect people from getting sick – like a flu shot.
- The COVID vaccine is free – you do not need insurance to get it.
- COVID-19 vaccines are only for people over age 16 years old.
- EVEN IF YOU HAVE HAD THE COVID-19 VACCINE! You must keep wearing a mask, washing your hands, and staying at least 6 feet away from people who do not live with you
- Talk to your doctor and any specialists you may have and ask them (click below)
- If the vaccine is for someone other than yourself, ask that person how they feel about being vaccinated and what questions they have. Help them get those answers.
- Consider a person’s ability to wear a mask, do social distancing and wash their hands frequently.
- Ask your doctor if they know when you can get the vaccine. Who do you need to call to find that out?
- Ask your doctor what COVID-19 safety measures you will still need to take after getting your vaccine(s) and for how long
- Information about when you can get the vaccine continues to change. The changes are based on how much vaccine is available and how people are prioritized. People are in different phases of the vaccine decisions. When you get it depends on the phase you are in.
Not Getting Vaccinated
Make sure you are still taking safety precautions against the transmission of COVID. Know what you can do to stay healthy.
Wear a mask
Stay 6 feet apart
Wash your hands
Remember you can change your mind and decide to get vaccinated at a later date. If you do decide you do want the vaccine, contact your doctor about what to do next. The choice of whether or not to vaccinate belongs to you. Ask questions, learn, and then make the best choice you can!